To make upcycled dancing fish at home, you will need:
- 1 egg carton
- Paint or Markers
- Paint Brush
- Yarn or another type of String
- Needle that fits string of choice
- Scratch paper or newspaper to paint on
- Googly eyes (optional)
- Glue (if you have googly eyes)
- Cut out the round part of the egg carton where the egg rests. You will need 6 pieces per fish. It might be easier to cut the egg carton in half like in the picture below, and then cut out the separate pieces.
- For the fin, you will need to cut a larger piece out, fold the section in half, and cut out a fin shape. For the other 5 pieces, trim them up to make them look cleaner.
- Paint or color with markers the outside and the inside of each fish piece on top of a piece of scratch paper or newspaper. Feel free to make any design you want on it. Let it dry.
- Cut a piece of yarn or string about 8 inches long. Use the needle and yarn to string your fish pieces together. Make a loop in one end of the yarn and thread the needle with the other.
- Sew through the underside of the fish fin. Pull it through the underside of the next piece. Continue until the entire fish is sewn together.
- Once you have sewn through the head piece, make a loop at the top.
- If you have googly eyes, glue them to the fish head. If not, you can paint or draw eyes.
- Make the fishy dance!
Viola! You now have an upcycled dancing fish art piece!
We want to see what you made!