Sign up for our monthly e-news and always hear about our events first! Looking for public meetings where you can make your voice heard? Check out our recurring meetings page.
- This event has passed.
Climate Activist Meeting (January)
January 20, 2022 @ 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm
Meet your neighbors who want to make a difference at our monthly Climate Activist Meetings. Get the latest updates and plan actions for accelerating a just transition to a clean energy economy, while protecting the Salish Sea and people from hazardous fossil fuel shipment expansions.
NOTE – our newsletter had an incorrect date; the correct date is Thursday, January 20th, 12:00-1:00pm.
Here’s what we’ll talk about this month:
- The Washington State legislative session and the priority bills RE Sources is working on. *Hint hint* we’ve got salmon recovery, building electrification, reducing waste AND MORE all in the lineup.
- Recently-elected Whatcom County Councilmember Kaylee Galloway will join us to hear from the climate-focused community. Galloway is chair of the council’s Natural Resources Committee.
- Clean and Abundant Water Lobby Day running January 31st -March 4th (which you can sign up for now). Climate change is a threat multiplier for the health of our region’s waters.
- Updates on Bellingham’s electrification ordinance, which heads into a work session on January 24th, and the work to come in 2022 around the clean energy transition.
- What we do and don’t know about the Petrogas plant accused of unpermitted fossil fuel expansion at Cherry Point.
- Updates on the Whatcom County Conservation Futures Levy.