Upcycle your plastic, by turning a plastic jug into a reusable box!
- Plastic jug
- Scissors and/or a craft knife
- Washable magic marker
- String, yarn, rubber band or hair elastic
1. Clean the plastic jug (in and out).
2. Draw a half circle just under where the handle of the jug reaches the bottom portion on three sides of the jug – being sure that the handle side is one of them.
3. Draw the last section – now called the lid.
4. With the help from an adult, cut along the lines with the scissors or a craft knife
5. Wipe the lines from the marker off.
6. Mark a spot on the lid where the bottom or, in this case, the loop will go
7. Using a needle, poke a hole where you made the mark from the previous step.
8. Fit the rubber band or hair elastic ends through the hole, and tie a knot.
9. Mark another dot, using the loop, to where the button will go that the loop will be attached to so you can close your box.
10. Make a hole with the needle again, and pull the thread through.
11. Sew the button onto the box.
12. Now you can put your favorite items in it, and close it up! Feel free to decorate it with sharpies or paint as well!
13. Send us a photo of your work or tag us on Instagram @resources_protects)!