The Life cycle of a product
Watch the Story of a Spoon to get an idea of the life cycle of a product!
Choose something you own, then examine the steps of its lifecycle from extraction to disposal:
- What resources are extracted to make it?
- How does the extraction process impact the environment and nearby communities?
- Where is it manufactured?
- Is it manufactured in one factory or does the raw resource need to be processed before the product is made?
- How is it packaged?
- Where did you buy it?
- How far did it travel from where it was made?
- What is the quality of the product?
- How long will it last?
- What will happen to it when you are done with it? Can it be recycled?
- How long will it be in a landfill?